This year, the school council is comprised of one child from each year group (1 - 6) along with the Junior Leadership Team. Each pupil in Years 1-5 are paired with a Year 6 buddy to support them in their role.
Our meetings take place once a month with Mrs Truman.
School Council's Child Friendly Safeguarding Policy
School Council's Child Friendly Child on Child Abuse Policy
Some of the activities that our Student Council take lead roles on:
- Writing a new child friendly Safeguarding Policy and Child on Child Abuse policy
- Organising fundraising events including Children in Need, MacMillan, Red Nose Day, St Mark's School, Juba
- Meeting with and interviewing prospective new teachers and support staff.
- We shared our ideas with EPTA for our Summer Fair.
- We introduced 'Freedom Friday's' where students can have more choice over snacks they bring in at breaktime.