School Improvement Priorities
School self-evaluation is a continuous process which comprises of a number of key components that collect information and evidence about the standards in the school. These are then analysed, collated and the findings are used to appraise achievements and identify priorities to be pursued to improve the quality of teaching and learning. Eynesbury Church of England Primary School involves all stakeholders in the school self-evaluation process.
Each September a School Improvement Plan is written which feeds into TOPs (Termly Operational Plans). Targets are derived and actions implemented. As the school year progresses it may be necessary to amend targets inline with the changes in the world of education.
Priorities for improvement 2019 - 2020
Here at Eynesbury, we believe we consistently operate as a good school and demonstrate instances of outstanding practice. The priority for improvement is to move to the next level offering good or better learning across the school at all time to all the pupils. The school used evidence from its self-evaluation to identify key steps that will move the school to the next level. These are as follows:
- The school at least maintains the percentage gap between the attainment and progress of vulnerable pupils and National other pupils.
- Aspirational aim for 80% of all pupils achieve at least ARE in all year groups
- Floor level targets are met at the end of KS2 (65% ARE+)
- Improvement in progress measures at end of KS2 2020 in comparison to 2019 progress measures
- Quality of teaching is highly effective across school with precise professional development that encourages, challenges and supports.
- The broad and balanced curriculum inspires pupils to learn with fundamental British Values at the heart and have a strong sense of SMSC.
- The Governing Body is able to challenge and support the school in continuing to raise standards and pupil progress through asking appropriate and challenging questions
- Curriculum intent is sound and the school implements a knowledge based curriculum fit for purpose for Eynesbury C of E Primary School
- Leaders at all levels are effective
- The school reinforces its vision and aims with all stakeholders
- School is SIAMS/ OFSTED ready